Hi, I am the Beenius App.
My job is to inspire and collect all the good ideas of the swarm.
If you need help with ideas, I can be of service. And if you feed me with your ideas, we will grow together.
Here are the planned features for the start:
Challenges and Missions
Master challenges and missions. And share your creations with the Beenius swarm. Together we find what connects, what brings joy, what helps us grow and what feeds the planet.
Adapt and Evolve
Got inspired by a craft of someone? Bring this seed to the next level.
Ideas spiraling up.
Collect your real-life artefacts and see how people have used them in Beenius.
Keep track of your discoveries and see yourself evolving. Save missions and challenges to build your own journey.
You want to build something in big? Bring a discovery into reality.
Your own mission
You want to do something amazing? And need the swarm to co-create with you? Like buiding a place to learn, a place for the community, an animal shelter?
Place your mission and grow together.
4 (Connected) Journey Examples on how the App can help to level up global education.
Murugi from Kenya
She is a creative mind who picked up the concept fast and uses Beenius Sets with her class. She has already invented several ways that helped the kids to create their own learning tools. Right now she is on the “Learning Letters” Challenge. And found a playful and encouraging way, that she shares on the app.
Andrea from Germany
Andrea is a mom of two kids. She is home-schooling them at them moment and explores the possibilities of teaching letters as well. She already saved some inspirations from people all around the world. She got inspired by Murugis method. and even found a way to evolve it. Both connect and follow each other on the app.
Fatma from Egypt
Fatma is a sustainable Architect and uses Beenius as a tool to design models for her architectural visions. Right now she is making a design for an ecological school. Her designs contain many smart ideas, yet the ones funding her project are not sure if it works in reality. She needs a proof of concept. She opens a Mission on the Beenius App and asks for help.
And help is coming. From Brazil.
Rodolfo from Brazil
Rodolfo has a place that he wants to turn into an affordable and natural learning space for kids from low-income households. He sees and joins Fatmas mission in the Beenius App. He models up Fatmas ideas with his Beenius Set and brings them into reality with simple materials. Fatma is connected with him and Rodolfo can directly test Fatmas ideas together with the kids in real-life.
He wins, as he can directly start his journey with the kids and pick up on the learning challenges seeded by Murugi, Andrea and the Beenius Swarm.
Fatma wins, because with Rodolfos help she received a convincing proof of concept to realize her vision in Egypt.
BEENIUS is an Alchemist Hub project. The Alchemist Hub develops tools, methods, and projects that enable individuals, teams and organisations to solve challenges and take action for sustainability, well-being and better livelihoods.
About the busy bees
BEENIUS is a crafting world in the making that has been co-created by educators, kids, innovators, psychologists, architects, community builders, therapists, artists and others in the Egypt, Germany and the UK.
We would love to see people around the world connecting through this beautiful experience and help the world become a better place.
Let’s bring this imagination into reality together.
The Connection between Set and App.
The app inspires, gives food for thought and connects Beenius users all over the world. And while the app is to be constantly expanded with new useful functions, the main action will focus on solving useful mission in the several Beenius Worlds.
Here are two examples from the World of Learning.
Example 1: Learning letters
There are many ways to learn letters with the help of the artifacts in the Beenius Set
This is not only useful when teaching children letters in a playful way, but can also be of great benefit for 780 million illiterate people (13% of the world population according to UNESCO)
Letters can be crafted and turned into puzzles or word games. They can be set up, attached to the wall or integrated into structures. They can be enlarged with shadows. Washable cards and pads help in aquiring writing skills.
By combining playful and artistic elements, something as mundane and simple as learning letters can be transformed into a motivating and magical experience.
You can share your discoveries via the app to invite others to try your method as well. Maybe siblings in Tokyo, a mother with her children in Cairo, a teacher in Nairobi with her class.
Example 2: Learning languages
Learning languages can be motivating and fun. Cramming long lists of vocabulary and grammer might not.
There are many progressive and immersive ways on how learning languages can be engaging and motivating. Often it is all about finding the suitable ways that fits our individual learning styles.
In this mission, users are invited to discover several ways, on how Beenius can level up your language learning game. And share in order for others to experience as well.
Example: Crafting a windmill
How Beenius can help solving global challenges
Maybe you have seen the story about William Kamkwamba.
‘The boy who harnessed the wind’.
It’s a true story about a boy in Malawi whos village has suffered from a terrible drought which caused a massive food shortage.
William Kamkwamba (left) and Maxwell Simba on the right playing the young William together with his father played by Chiwetel Ejiofor. Available on Netflix and currently on Youtube.
While the situation seemed very desperate William wanted to take an action and had a great idea.
What if he could build a windmill to power a pump that can help to bring the water back?
William had to face a lot of challenges to bring his imagination into action.
His village errupted in chaos and still he managed to create a small model (prototype) of his idea. By doing so he convinced his friends to join him on his mission.
Together they collected the necessary parts from the scrapyard.
And while being desperate about the situation, even his doubtful father started to support him.
At the end the whole village joined in.
Together they built the windmill. Water flew and crops grew.
And this is how William Kamkwamba saved his village.
The boy who harnessed the wind.
Now let’s draw a line to Beenius.
Imagine you are sitting at home and you are exploring your own way to make a windmill.
It’s actually superfun.
And now you are posting your discovery in the Beenius App.
Someone else, somewhere else picks up on your idea to evolve it to the next level.
Someone else, somewhere else decides to build in big and brings a Model2Reality.
Which could actually become a gamechanger for someone in heavy need of such a windmill. And could now build it and adapt it to their local context. Just like William Kamkwamba.
Seeds for a windmill with Beenius.
Life is a journey
We’re all here for reason, aren’t we? Do you have the feeling you are living up to your true potential? There is so much in each and every one of us. Yet, in our everyday contexts there’s little space to discover our hidden skills.
BEENIUS invites you to playfully dive into new aspects of life. Maybe you are a hidden architect, an exciting storyteller or an engineer in the making?
Let’s find out.
Learning should be fun
Let’s be honest. Most of us have struggled with the way education is presented in schools – students and teachers as well. How can we turn learning into an engaging, life-long adventure instead?
BEENIUS invites you to a new way of learning through play. Gamification is a very effective and motivational way to gain advanced learning experiences. Combining handicraft with exchange, inspiration and problem-solving, BEENIUS upgrades school lessons, home-schooling as well as leisure time and professional settings and is suitable for kids, youth and adults as well.
Users can collect and share their learning discoveries and methods through the BEENIUS App, so others can benefit as well.
Education should be fair
Let’s face it. Access to education is not fair. It depends on where you are born, how much money your parents have, how well your teachers are treated by the education system and so far and so on. And while one kid might learn in a well-equipped and progressive learning environment in a medium-sized city in Finland, another kid in rural Mali can barely learn more than the basics as it is sitting in an over-filled classroom barrack together with 90 other kids with little to no access to school material.
BEENIUS is designed as a completely reusable open-source learning experience. Versions of the BEENIUS Set can be produced locally. And even if you do not have a Set at hand, you can still access learning experiences made out of simple artefacts by and people all over the world through our app. And can you imagine kids inspiring other kids in different part of the world with their ideas?
Context is king
Context is a truly magical word. Not every solution fits for everyone. Everyone is different and everyone has their own pace and style of doing things. And a solution that works for place A can completely fail in location B. Adapting to ones context is key.
BEENIUS is highly adaptable to your context. Do you want to get to know a certain skill, learn more about a specific subject, have fun and break the ice in a group setting or get into exchange with your innermost? Due to BEENIUS’ universal application there are no limits. And if you adapt something existing to your local context, you might automatically ensure access for other people who have a similar context.
The world needs new ideas
We’re striving for a more just, sustainable world with good livelihoods for everyone. But how can we find a common understanding, an imagination of something that doesn’t exist yet? How can we create a foundation to build on and design our actions towards?
BEENIUS invites you to co-create this common understanding and to model up and share ideas that can make a difference for people and planet. And what might just seem a crazy idea you came up with in an instant, might be built upon by someone else and become a true game changer for others.
Trash is just unused material
Trash becomes trash if you don’t find a use for things anymore. Trash pollution is one of the main environmental challenges our planet is facing. And yet, so many useful things can be made from this resource.
You can integrate things you would usually dispose of into BEENIUS. Integrate those artefacts into your crafts or find ways to use them for the Model2Reality play. Our app provides an artefact inventory, so you can get inspired in what creative ways people have integrated all sorts of materials, including plastic bottles, straws, card paper etc.
The Planet needs our support
You might have heard some of the horror news about the state of our planet. By 2050 there is more plastic in our oceans than fish. Every year, we are losing forest compared to the size of Portugal. Climate change can hardly be stopped. And our soils are becoming more and more unhealthy, which makes it more difficult to feed a growing population. Yes, this stuff can be frightening.
BEENIUS is designed as a reusable set made from sustainable materials. While sticks are made from bamboo being one of the fastest growing plants, our writing material is made out of stone paper, a paper alternative made out of leftovers from limestone mining which can be washed and reused.
And last but not least…
The bee. The inventor of the beeswax. And honey. And a lot of other things.
The bee is the most valuable creature on this planet. Our plates would look very sad without bees. Yet, recent decades have been pretty difficult for them. Monocultures, pesticides, urbanisation etc. has made it harder for the bee to operate her business. And as humans mainly care about other things, this protector of the earth needs some good buzz.
The BEENIUS concept is open-source. You can find bees almost everywhere across the globe, so almost everywhere bees are producing beeswax. That’s why we intend to include beekeepers into local productions of BEENIUS, contributing to the bees well-being and supporting local economic cycles.
Information according to § 5 TMG
Alchemist Hub GbR i.Gr.
c/o Social Impact Lab Hamburg, Pastorenstr. 16-18
Contact Phone: +49 40 22815251
Consumer dispute resolution/ universal dispute resolution body
We are not willing or obligated to participate in dispute resolution proceedings before a Consumer arbitration board to participate.
Last updated: June 27, 2022
Interpretation and Definitions
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
- Account means a unique account created for You to access our Service or parts of our Service.
- Company (referred to as either “the Company”, “We”, “Us” or “Our” in this Agreement) refers to Alchemist Hub , c/o Social Impact Lab Hamburg, Pastorenstr. 16-18, Hamburg, Germany.
- Cookies are small files that are placed on Your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of Your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- Country refers to: Hamburg, Germany
- Device means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cellphone or a digital tablet.
- Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- Service refers to the Website.
- Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service or to assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used.
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Website refers to Beenius World , accessible from https://beenius.worlf
- You means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
Types of Data Collected
While using Our Service, We may ask You to provide Us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Usage Data
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Service.
Usage Data may include information such as Your Device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When You access the Service by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device You use, Your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of Your mobile device, Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser You use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that Your browser sends whenever You visit our Service or when You access the Service by or through a mobile device.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Service may use local stored objects (or Flash Cookies) to collect and store information about Your preferences or Your activity on our Service. Flash Cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as those used for Browser Cookies. For more information on how You can delete Flash Cookies, please read “Where can I change the settings for disabling, or deleting local shared objects?” available at https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/disable-local-shared-objects-flash.html#main_Where_can_I_change_the_settings_for_disabling__or_deleting_local_shared_objects_
- Web Beacons. Certain sections of our Service and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a certain section and verifying system and server integrity).
We use both Session and Persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
- Necessary / Essential CookiesType: Session Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies are essential to provide You with services available through the Website and to enable You to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these Cookies, the services that You have asked for cannot be provided, and We only use these Cookies to provide You with those services.
- Cookies Policy / Notice Acceptance CookiesType: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
- Functionality CookiesType: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies allow us to remember choices You make when You use the Website, such as remembering your login details or language preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide You with a more personal experience and to avoid You having to re-enter your preferences every time You use the Website.
Use of Your Personal Data
The Company may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service, including to monitor the usage of our Service.
- To manage Your Account: to manage Your registration as a user of the Service. The Personal Data You provide can give You access to different functionalities of the Service that are available to You as a registered user.
- For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services You have purchased or of any other contract with Us through the Service.
- To contact You: To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide You with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless You have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage Your requests: To attend and manage Your requests to Us.
- For business transfers: We may use Your information to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by Us about our Service users is among the assets transferred.
- For other purposes: We may use Your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Service, products, services, marketing and your experience.
We may share Your personal information in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: We may share Your personal information with Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service, to contact You.
- For business transfers: We may share or transfer Your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of Our business to another company.
- With business partners: We may share Your information with Our business partners to offer You certain products, services or promotions.
- With other users: when You share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside.
- With Your consent: We may disclose Your personal information for any other purpose with Your consent.
Retention of Your Personal Data
The Company will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our Service, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at the Company’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of Your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from Your jurisdiction.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Other legal requirements
The Company may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- Protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of Your Personal Data is important to Us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Personal Data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that Your child has provided Us with Personal Data, please contact Us. If We become aware that We have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, We take steps to remove that information from Our servers.
If We need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing Your information and Your country requires consent from a parent, We may require Your parent’s consent before We collect and use that information.
Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
- By email: email@example.com