Hi, I am the Beenius Set.
I am an infinite creative space in a box that you can carry anywhere you like.
I am not that big. More like the size book. A book for life. That can always be discovered from different points of view.
Anything inside me can be used over and over again.
Let me take you on a small, 5-minute long tour, to show you what I carry inside and give you some quick examples how you can make use of me.
Welcome to our 5-Minute long Tour: Swipe ->
Beenius Infinity Wax
The Beenius Wax is your ultimate connector. Its easy to shape, can always be reused and is already useful for many things.
Turn it into sculptures
Flowers, faces, animals…transform your Beenius Wax into anything you like. Or…
Use it to instantly repair
Beenius Infinity Wax can be your quick little helper, if something gets broken. And you can also fix things in other ways….
Use it like a magnet
or like Bluetekk. Whether its simple items like a pen. Or pictures that you want fix to a wall. One of the best things to connect Beenius Infinity wax with are….
You find them in different sizes and they fit together so nicely. You will find them in the sizes of 3, 5, 8, 13 and 21 cm. Turn them into…
Buildings, architectural visions, abstract shapes… create any structure you like, or…
Level up your home
Lamp shades, jewelery trees, key holder, small shelves. Craft your own items for home with ease. Whatever is needed.
…such as light to create stunning shadow plays. Bring your own story to the wall or let structures dance to your favourite music.
Karton, string, bottle lids, straws, etc. Almost anything can be easily integrated and repurposed to add a new layer of play…
Create your own toys. Such as a scooter with wheels and let it cruise.
Develop your own visions and designs and use it as a way
With the books in nature you can turn any place into a gamified experience.
Invent your own games or adapt and evolve existing game ideas.
Discover the artist within yourself and create your own pieces with ease.
In the set you will find plenty of cardsto boost your imagination. Those cards can be combined in ever new ways to get new ideas. Simply like….
"Imagine Something Flying"
Wheter it is birds, kites or planes. Something flying can be totally different for anyone.
Reusable canvas on the back
The Cards have another speciality: They are empty on the backside and washable. So you can draw, write and always reset them.
Several Challenge Pads are inviting you to try different areas of Beenius. Toys, Games, Learning Helpers, Engineering, Art, …. With an example mission on each card. In the App everything shall be connected.
Empty on the back
Just like Imagine Cards you can write and draw on the backside of Challenge Pads and wash it off afterwards to reuse it again. That turns them into infinite Notepads…
Workshops, Learning Parks etc.
Combine the artefacts in the Beenius Set and create your own workshops or learning journeys wherever you go. (“Serious play”).
Use your creations as a touchable manual to bring them alive. Model2Reality. It can be very simple.
Whatever you like
It’s an infinite experience. Find your own path and see what you will come up with.
Thank you for taking the tour
Lets create infinite wins together.
I can bring joy, excitement and an enriching experience to anyone.
Yet, my biggest wish is to be of service for the million of kids around the world who lack adequate learning material.
My full potential will be unleashed, when I am connected to the Beenius App. Click on the button, to see how the combination with the Beenius App can be beneficial for anyone.
I am currently in development.
Leave your mail to get a notification once I am available.
BEENIUS is an Alchemist Hub project. The Alchemist Hub develops tools, methods, and projects that enable individuals, teams and organisations to solve challenges and take action for sustainability, well-being and better livelihoods.
Especially in the construction world, we hope that many people in the world will turn their own modeled ideas into reality. This can be done with simple materials.
In this video you can see how a Beenius model was turned into reality in no time at all with the help of branches, plastic bottles, ropes, a mosquito net and pieces of fabric put together.
Example of a Dome in use
Dome structures can be utilized in all kinds of contexts.
Here an example from people in Nairobi/Kenya transforming a dome structure into a planetarium with big bamboo Sticks, dome connectors, a weatherproof cover and a projector. (https://travellingtelescope.co.uk/)
The simplest way to play.
Just open the box and see where things go.
Every session can bring new outcomes.
Example: A discovery session with Beenius
One player comes up with the idea to create similar shapes. Cause he wants to know what they can shape together.
A futuristic building?
A fancy tent?
The structure idea lights the spark for another player to rebuild monuments of Paris.
And starts to enlarge them on a wall with shadows.
A replica of a lamp closed the discovery journey for the evening.
We end a session wih many interesting turns.
At the end, all artefacts go back into the set. To be used for something else next time.
Imagine Cards come into play.
Just pick three cards and see what comes out.
Try to realize at least one card.
Master crafters can even try to realize all cards in one craft.
Tiny sculptures on a bottle lid.
An interesting stage.
2 in 1. Can you guess the movie? (hint: it’s about time).
Additional artefacts: Bottle lids, pieces of paper, empty shower bottle.
All in one!
A jewelery tree made with twigs, Beenius Wax, cotton band.
About the busy bees
BEENIUS is a crafting world in the making that has been co-created by educators, kids, innovators, psychologists, architects, community builders, therapists, artists and others in the Egypt, Germany and the UK.
We would love to see people around the world connecting through this beautiful experience and help the world become a better place.
Let’s bring this imagination into reality together.
Beenius Infinity Wax
Endless ways to use.
Produced by the bee. The most valuable creature on the planet.
Handle with joy and care. Don’t eat.
Easy to shape
Ultimate Artefact Connector
Can melt in the sun.
May leave stains.
Sticks to almost anything. Including dirt.
Sacred Art Sticks
375 Sticks in 5 sizes.
(3, 5, 8, 13, 21 cm)
Made from Bamboo. One of the fastest growing plants on earth.
Sacred Art Sticks love to connect with Beenius Infinity Wax.
Elegant and strong
Easy to reproduce
Can create beautiful structures
Sizes adapted from Fibonacci
Cards with imagination booster on the front.
Blank on the backside.
8 x 5 cm each to create a fit with stick sizes.
Cards made from stone paper.
Strong and stable
Can add drawings and writings to crafts
Can be integrated as surfaces to crafts
Washable and reusable (use non-permanent pen)
Turn into reusable sticky notes with Beenius Wax.
Can drive your ideas in new directions
Not reusable, if you use a pemanent pen.
Your entry point into the various worlds of Beenius.
Empty on the backside.
21 x 13 cm each to create a fit with stick sizes.
Pads are made from Stonepaper.
Strong and stable
Can be seperated
Can be used as playboards
Can be used as creative panels
Connect with wax to big creative spaces
Can be used as surface
Can be integrated into crafts
Washable and reusable (use non-permanent pen)
Not reusable, if you use a pemanent pen.
The Connection between Set and App.
The app inspires, gives food for thought and connects Beenius users all over the world. And while the app is to be constantly expanded with new useful functions, the main action will focus on solving useful mission in the several Beenius Worlds.
Here are two examples from the World of Learning.
Example 1: Learning letters
There are many ways to learn letters with the help of the artifacts in the Beenius Set
This is not only useful when teaching children letters in a playful way, but can also be of great benefit for 780 million illiterate people (13% of the world population according to UNESCO)
Letters can be crafted and turned into puzzles or word games. They can be set up, attached to the wall or integrated into structures. They can be enlarged with shadows. Washable cards and pads help in aquiring writing skills.
By combining playful and artistic elements, something as mundane and simple as learning letters can be transformed into a motivating and magical experience.
You can share your discoveries via the app to invite others to try your method as well. Maybe siblings in Tokyo, a mother with her children in Cairo, a teacher in Nairobi with her class.
Example 2: Learning languages
Learning languages can be motivating and fun. Cramming long lists of vocabulary and grammer might not.
There are many progressive and immersive ways on how learning languages can be engaging and motivating. Often it is all about finding the suitable ways that fits our individual learning styles.
In this mission, users are invited to discover several ways, on how Beenius can level up your language learning game. And share in order for others to experience as well.
Example: Crafting a windmill
How Beenius can help solving global challenges
Maybe you have seen the story about William Kamkwamba.
‘The boy who harnessed the wind’.
It’s a true story about a boy in Malawi whos village has suffered from a terrible drought which caused a massive food shortage.
William Kamkwamba (left) and Maxwell Simba on the right playing the young William together with his father played by Chiwetel Ejiofor. Available on Netflix and currently on Youtube.
While the situation seemed very desperate William wanted to take an action and had a great idea.
What if he could build a windmill to power a pump that can help to bring the water back?
William had to face a lot of challenges to bring his imagination into action.
His village errupted in chaos and still he managed to create a small model (prototype) of his idea. By doing so he convinced his friends to join him on his mission.
Together they collected the necessary parts from the scrapyard.
And while being desperate about the situation, even his doubtful father started to support him.
At the end the whole village joined in.
Together they built the windmill. Water flew and crops grew.
And this is how William Kamkwamba saved his village.
The boy who harnessed the wind.
Now let’s draw a line to Beenius.
Imagine you are sitting at home and you are exploring your own way to make a windmill.
It’s actually superfun.
And now you are posting your discovery in the Beenius App.
Someone else, somewhere else picks up on your idea to evolve it to the next level.
Someone else, somewhere else decides to build in big and brings a Model2Reality.
Which could actually become a gamechanger for someone in heavy need of such a windmill. And could now build it and adapt it to their local context. Just like William Kamkwamba.
Seeds for a windmill with Beenius.
Life is a journey
We’re all here for reason, aren’t we? Do you have the feeling you are living up to your true potential? There is so much in each and every one of us. Yet, in our everyday contexts there’s little space to discover our hidden skills.
BEENIUS invites you to playfully dive into new aspects of life. Maybe you are a hidden architect, an exciting storyteller or an engineer in the making?
Let’s find out.
Learning should be fun
Let’s be honest. Most of us have struggled with the way education is presented in schools – students and teachers as well. How can we turn learning into an engaging, life-long adventure instead?
BEENIUS invites you to a new way of learning through play. Gamification is a very effective and motivational way to gain advanced learning experiences. Combining handicraft with exchange, inspiration and problem-solving, BEENIUS upgrades school lessons, home-schooling as well as leisure time and professional settings and is suitable for kids, youth and adults as well.
Users can collect and share their learning discoveries and methods through the BEENIUS App, so others can benefit as well.
Education should be fair
Let’s face it. Access to education is not fair. It depends on where you are born, how much money your parents have, how well your teachers are treated by the education system and so far and so on. And while one kid might learn in a well-equipped and progressive learning environment in a medium-sized city in Finland, another kid in rural Mali can barely learn more than the basics as it is sitting in an over-filled classroom barrack together with 90 other kids with little to no access to school material.
BEENIUS is designed as a completely reusable open-source learning experience. Versions of the BEENIUS Set can be produced locally. And even if you do not have a Set at hand, you can still access learning experiences made out of simple artefacts by and people all over the world through our app. And can you imagine kids inspiring other kids in different part of the world with their ideas?
Context is king
Context is a truly magical word. Not every solution fits for everyone. Everyone is different and everyone has their own pace and style of doing things. And a solution that works for place A can completely fail in location B. Adapting to ones context is key.
BEENIUS is highly adaptable to your context. Do you want to get to know a certain skill, learn more about a specific subject, have fun and break the ice in a group setting or get into exchange with your innermost? Due to BEENIUS’ universal application there are no limits. And if you adapt something existing to your local context, you might automatically ensure access for other people who have a similar context.
The world needs new ideas
We’re striving for a more just, sustainable world with good livelihoods for everyone. But how can we find a common understanding, an imagination of something that doesn’t exist yet? How can we create a foundation to build on and design our actions towards?
BEENIUS invites you to co-create this common understanding and to model up and share ideas that can make a difference for people and planet. And what might just seem a crazy idea you came up with in an instant, might be built upon by someone else and become a true game changer for others.
Trash is just unused material
Trash becomes trash if you don’t find a use for things anymore. Trash pollution is one of the main environmental challenges our planet is facing. And yet, so many useful things can be made from this resource.
You can integrate things you would usually dispose of into BEENIUS. Integrate those artefacts into your crafts or find ways to use them for the Model2Reality play. Our app provides an artefact inventory, so you can get inspired in what creative ways people have integrated all sorts of materials, including plastic bottles, straws, card paper etc.
The Planet needs our support
You might have heard some of the horror news about the state of our planet. By 2050 there is more plastic in our oceans than fish. Every year, we are losing forest compared to the size of Portugal. Climate change can hardly be stopped. And our soils are becoming more and more unhealthy, which makes it more difficult to feed a growing population. Yes, this stuff can be frightening.
BEENIUS is designed as a reusable set made from sustainable materials. While sticks are made from bamboo being one of the fastest growing plants, our writing material is made out of stone paper, a paper alternative made out of leftovers from limestone mining which can be washed and reused.
And last but not least…
The bee. The inventor of the beeswax. And honey. And a lot of other things.
The bee is the most valuable creature on this planet. Our plates would look very sad without bees. Yet, recent decades have been pretty difficult for them. Monocultures, pesticides, urbanisation etc. has made it harder for the bee to operate her business. And as humans mainly care about other things, this protector of the earth needs some good buzz.
The BEENIUS concept is open-source. You can find bees almost everywhere across the globe, so almost everywhere bees are producing beeswax. That’s why we intend to include beekeepers into local productions of BEENIUS, contributing to the bees well-being and supporting local economic cycles.
Join our Mission
Developing, producing and sharing Beenius requires resources.
Your donation helps us to push things forward.
Are you working with an organisation that is eager to utilise and deploy or refine Beenius on a larger scale, or help us to do so? Drop us an email and we see how we can bring things forward.
Follow the journey
Subscribe to our mailing list so we can keep you posted and inform you once the Beenius Set becomes available.
Information according to § 5 TMG
Alchemist Hub GbR i.Gr.
c/o Social Impact Lab Hamburg, Pastorenstr. 16-18
Contact Phone: +49 40 22815251
Consumer dispute resolution/ universal dispute resolution body
We are not willing or obligated to participate in dispute resolution proceedings before a Consumer arbitration board to participate.
Last updated: June 27, 2022
Interpretation and Definitions
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
- Account means a unique account created for You to access our Service or parts of our Service.
- Company (referred to as either “the Company”, “We”, “Us” or “Our” in this Agreement) refers to Alchemist Hub , c/o Social Impact Lab Hamburg, Pastorenstr. 16-18, Hamburg, Germany.
- Cookies are small files that are placed on Your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of Your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- Country refers to: Hamburg, Germany
- Device means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cellphone or a digital tablet.
- Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- Service refers to the Website.
- Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service or to assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used.
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Website refers to Beenius World , accessible from https://beenius.worlf
- You means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
Types of Data Collected
While using Our Service, We may ask You to provide Us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Usage Data
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Service.
Usage Data may include information such as Your Device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When You access the Service by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device You use, Your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of Your mobile device, Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser You use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that Your browser sends whenever You visit our Service or when You access the Service by or through a mobile device.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Service may use local stored objects (or Flash Cookies) to collect and store information about Your preferences or Your activity on our Service. Flash Cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as those used for Browser Cookies. For more information on how You can delete Flash Cookies, please read “Where can I change the settings for disabling, or deleting local shared objects?” available at https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/disable-local-shared-objects-flash.html#main_Where_can_I_change_the_settings_for_disabling__or_deleting_local_shared_objects_
- Web Beacons. Certain sections of our Service and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a certain section and verifying system and server integrity).
We use both Session and Persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
- Necessary / Essential CookiesType: Session Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies are essential to provide You with services available through the Website and to enable You to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these Cookies, the services that You have asked for cannot be provided, and We only use these Cookies to provide You with those services.
- Cookies Policy / Notice Acceptance CookiesType: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
- Functionality CookiesType: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies allow us to remember choices You make when You use the Website, such as remembering your login details or language preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide You with a more personal experience and to avoid You having to re-enter your preferences every time You use the Website.
Use of Your Personal Data
The Company may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service, including to monitor the usage of our Service.
- To manage Your Account: to manage Your registration as a user of the Service. The Personal Data You provide can give You access to different functionalities of the Service that are available to You as a registered user.
- For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services You have purchased or of any other contract with Us through the Service.
- To contact You: To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide You with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless You have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage Your requests: To attend and manage Your requests to Us.
- For business transfers: We may use Your information to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by Us about our Service users is among the assets transferred.
- For other purposes: We may use Your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Service, products, services, marketing and your experience.
We may share Your personal information in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: We may share Your personal information with Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service, to contact You.
- For business transfers: We may share or transfer Your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of Our business to another company.
- With business partners: We may share Your information with Our business partners to offer You certain products, services or promotions.
- With other users: when You share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside.
- With Your consent: We may disclose Your personal information for any other purpose with Your consent.
Retention of Your Personal Data
The Company will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our Service, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at the Company’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of Your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from Your jurisdiction.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Other legal requirements
The Company may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- Protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of Your Personal Data is important to Us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Personal Data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that Your child has provided Us with Personal Data, please contact Us. If We become aware that We have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, We take steps to remove that information from Our servers.
If We need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing Your information and Your country requires consent from a parent, We may require Your parent’s consent before We collect and use that information.
Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org