Welcome to the world of Beenius!
Beenius is a new real-life crafting experience for everyone. Use our artefacts and transform them into objects, designs, ideas, prototypes, toys, games, artworks, stories. Realise your ideas in an instant. Gain new perspectives. Share your discoveries and help the planet thrive
Current development stage: Prototyping
The Beenius SeT
The Beenius Set is a powerful crafting and creating space in a box.
See what is inside.
Starts with Release of Beenius Sets
As there are so many options, you can easily use it for events of all kind.
Here are some examples:
Current development stage: Concept
A space to share, connect, inspire and get inspired.
Current development stage: Concept
Now lets turn our skills and gifts into playful and useful learning journeys. Learning languages through play, designing furnitures, mapping out gardens,…. it can be endless.
Like what you see? Get notified once the Beenius Set becomes available.
BEENIUS is an Alchemist Hub project. The Alchemist Hub develops tools, methods, and projects that enable individuals, teams and organisations to solve challenges and take action for sustainability, well-being and better livelihoods.
The Beenius Set is a pretty good tool to connect people, spend evenings together with friends and family, create ideas and gain new perspectives.
Workshops and meetings can be experienced in a new dimension with the Beenius Set. Develop ideas and three-dimensional workshop landscapes in a simple and playful way.
Meet up and play under a certain theme: Invite your neighbours to think together about how to level-up your community; bring together fellow educators to share best practice about using the Beenius Set as a learning tool; or invite fellow artists to co-create a shadow theater. Host an event with your Beenius Set.
Use the Beenius Set for rapid prototyping sessions or design items for your space, your challenge or any other context.
The Beenius App is where the swarm connects.
You made a discovery with the Beenius Set? A cool game? A learning tool for kids? A model for a garden? Share your discoveries on the app to inspire others and grow ideas together.
Challenges and Missions
Master challenges and missions or create your own, and share your creations with the Beenius swarm.
Adapt and Evolve
Got inspired by a Beenius craft of someone? Bring their seed to the next level.
Ideas spiraling up.
Collect your real-life artefacts and see how people have used them in Beenius.
Keep track of your discoveries and see yourself evolving. Save missions and challenges to build your own journey.
You want to build a Beenius creation in big? Share your ideas on how to bring a discovery into reality.
4 (connected) journeys to level up global education.
Murugi from Kenya
Murugi is a curious educator and has been using the Beenius Set with her third-grade class for several weeks. Since some of her protégés struggle to learn letters, she has developed a “Learning the Alphabet” challenge with Beenius that she shares to fellow Beenius users on the app.
Andrea from Germany
Andrea is a mom of two kids, and her youngest one is struggling to learn letters as well. She learns about Murugi’s “Learning the Alphabet” challenge and even found a way to evolve it. Both connect and follow each other on the app.
Fatma from Egypt
Fatma is a sustainable architect and community builder who uses the Beenius Set as a tool to help people showcase their architectural visions in an easy and direct manner. Right now she is leading a design process for an ecological school and collects ideas from across the globe with the Beenius App.
Rodolfo from Brazil
Rodolfo has a place that he wants to turn into an affordable and natural learning space for kids from low-income households. He sees and joins Fatmas mission in the Beenius App. He models up Fatmas ideas with his Beenius Set and brings them into reality with simple materials. Both are connected via the Beenius app and can directly test their ideas with kids and other users in real-life.
After opening his learning space, Rodolfo applies the learning challenges seeded by Murugi, Andrea and the Beenius Swarm.
The Beenius Set is an ever reusable toolbox with powerful, natural artefacts.
Beenius Infinity Wax
The Beenius Infinity Wax is your ultimate connector. It’s sticky, easy to shape and can always be reused.
375 bamboo sticks in 5 different sizes which can be turned into all kinds of structures.
Simple cards to level up imagination. Washable. Empty on the back to be used for drawings, notetaking, etc.
Solve challenges and find examples for constructions, toys, games, learning helpers, engineering, arts.. Can be turned into infinitely reusable notes and drawing pads.
Turn Them int0
Buildings, architectural visions, abstract shapes… Create any structure you like.
Design your own toys. From moving scooters, figures, swings,….
Model up designs and construct your own visions with ease.
Integrate natural materials and boost creativity.
Workshop tools and Learning Parks
Combine the artefacts in the Beenius Set and create your own workshops or learning journeys wherever you go.
Flowers, faces, animals. Transform your Beenius Wax into anything you like.
Lamp shades, jewelery trees, key holder, small shelves. Simply craft your own items.
Invent your own games or adapt and evolve existing game ideas.
Discover the artist within yourself and create your own art pieces.
Use your creations as a model to bring them alive. Model2Reality.
Whatever you like
It’s an infinite experience. Find your own path and see what you will come up with.
The Beenius Set brings joy, excitement and an enriching experience to anyone.
It will unfold its full potential with the Beenius App and Beenius events. Read on to find out more.
Model2Reality Example: Yurti
With Beenius, you can build your own models and then turn them into reality.
In this 1-minute video, a Beenius model of a yurt has been brought into reality with the help of branches, plastic bottles, ropes, a mosquito net and pieces of fabric.
A simple, low-cost DIY yurt that comfortably sleeps two people with a star view at night.
About the Importance of models
Models manifest ideas and help yourself and others to follow your imagination.
And it can even be life-saving.
Maybe you have seen the story about William Kamkwamba.
‘The boy who harnessed the wind’.
It’s a true story about a boy in Malawi who saved his village from the results of a terrible drought. While the situation seemed desperate, as no rain was coming for a long time, young William had an idea: What if he could build a windmill to power a pump in order to get water? While no one believed in him and he had to face a lot of challenges on the way, he was able to built a small model to convince his friends and finally the whole village to help him.
Together they brought Williams vision of a windmill into reality. Water flew and crops grew.
And let’s face it: Without Doc Browns model,
Marty would have most probably never made it back to the future.
Add-Ons are new digital and physical learning experiences co-created with partner organisations and Beenius users based on specific needs.
Example: Craft a movie
Learn how you turn your ideas into a story, a story into pictures and pictures into a stop-motion movie.
Requirements: Beenius Set, smartphone.
Produced on Stone Paper. Washable. With empty pages on the back to reuse it as infinite notepad.
A curation of Add-Ons in Planning
Ancient Egyptian Inventions
Follow the journey of Sawsan, an adventurous and curious girl living in Ancient Egypt and discover the inventions of her era through play.
Turn your Beenius Set into simple science experiments and explore the exciting sides of STEM.
Design for Humans and Nature
In this journey you learn how you can turn challenges into opportunities and follow your passion. Design Thinking at play.
Level up your workspace
Use Beenius to add inspiration, open innovation, agility and empathy to your workspace.
Games Collection Vol. 1
Turn your Beenius Set into a reusable game box with 20 creative game ideas for all ages.
The Real Bucky
With this Add-On you can bring the vision of Buckminister Fuller alive.
Learning languages can be fun. Our techniques help you to learn a new language in a joyful way.
Learn how to design your own furniture with Beenius and use simple materials to bring them alive.
a life-changing discovery
At the beginning was a simple yet ground-breaking discovery: Beeswax connects.
It connects material, connects people, connects to oneself.
Starting from a ball of beeswax we went on a journey. Through Egypt, Germany and the UK.
Equipped with beeswax and sticks. And simply played. In various contexts, with people from different backgrounds. Kids in the mountains of Sinai, architects, designers, psychologists, artists, innovators, educators.
Every discovery has been leveling up the experience, adding different possibilites to it.
Evenings transformed into magical crafting sessions.
Kids instantly picked it up and created what they imagined.
And most adults have not just been putting their experiences and skills into it, but also discovered useful ways how this can be of benefit in schools, universities, communities etc.
And through time our main design question evolved:
Can this become a tool to connect kids all over to create their own learning experiences?
And might an ever-reusable learning toolkit become a game-changer for kids with little to no access to adequate learning material?
Since then we have been designing and testing prototypes: For sets, for ways to use it, for actual spaces of experience. For concepts and paths how we can turn this into an enriching a reality for many.
And through a simple concept, we are brining this imagination into action.
If you have an idea on how to support or join our quest drop us a message:
Social innovator and Beenius main developer.
Social inventor. Discovered the Beenius Wax and turned it into an experience.
Community worker and Beenius co-developer.
Imagine Cards come into play.
Just pick three cards and see what comes out.
Try to realize at least one card.
Master crafters can even try to realize all cards in one craft.
Tiny sculptures on a bottle lid.
An interesting stage.
2 in 1. Can you guess the movie? (hint: it’s about time).
Additional artefacts: Bottle lids, pieces of paper, empty shower bottle.
All in one!
A jewelery tree made with twigs, Beenius Wax, cotton band.
The simplest way to play.
Just open the box and see where things go.
Every session can bring new outcomes.
Example: A discovery session with Beenius
One player comes up with the idea to create similar shapes. Cause he wants to know what they can shape together.
A futuristic building?
A fancy tent?
The structure idea lights the spark for another player to rebuild monuments of Paris.
And starts to enlarge them on a wall with shadows.
A replica of a lamp closed the discovery journey for the evening.
We end a session wih many interesting turns.
At the end, all artefacts go back into the set. To be used for something else next time.
Life is a journey
We’re all here for reason, aren’t we? Do you have the feeling you are living up to your true potential? There is so much in each and every one of us. Yet, in our everyday contexts there’s little space to discover our hidden skills.
BEENIUS invites you to playfully dive into new aspects of life. Maybe you are a hidden architect, an exciting storyteller or an engineer in the making?
Let’s find out.
Learning should be fun
Let’s be honest. Most of us have struggled with the way education is presented in schools – students and teachers as well. How can we turn learning into an engaging, life-long adventure instead?
BEENIUS invites you to a new way of learning through play. Gamification is a very effective and motivational way to gain advanced learning experiences. Combining handicraft with exchange, inspiration and problem-solving, BEENIUS upgrades school lessons, home-schooling as well as leisure time and professional settings and is suitable for kids, youth and adults as well.
Users can collect and share their learning discoveries and methods through the BEENIUS App, so others can benefit as well.
Education should be fair
Let’s face it. Access to education is not fair. It depends on where you are born, how much money your parents have, how well your teachers are treated by the education system and so far and so on. And while one kid might learn in a well-equipped and progressive learning environment in a medium-sized city in Finland, another kid in rural Mali can barely learn more than the basics as it is sitting in an over-filled classroom barrack together with 90 other kids with little to no access to school material.
BEENIUS is designed as a completely reusable open-source learning experience. Versions of the BEENIUS Set can be produced locally. And even if you do not have a Set at hand, you can still access learning experiences made out of simple artefacts by and people all over the world through our app. And can you imagine kids inspiring other kids in different part of the world with their ideas?
Context is king
Context is a truly magical word. Not every solution fits for everyone. Everyone is different and everyone has their own pace and style of doing things. And a solution that works for place A can completely fail in location B. Adapting to ones context is key.
BEENIUS is highly adaptable to your context. Do you want to get to know a certain skill, learn more about a specific subject, have fun and break the ice in a group setting or get into exchange with your innermost? Due to BEENIUS’ universal application there are no limits. And if you adapt something existing to your local context, you might automatically ensure access for other people who have a similar context.
The world needs new ideas
We’re striving for a more just, sustainable world with good livelihoods for everyone. But how can we find a common understanding, an imagination of something that doesn’t exist yet? How can we create a foundation to build on and design our actions towards?
BEENIUS invites you to co-create this common understanding and to model up and share ideas that can make a difference for people and planet. And what might just seem a crazy idea you came up with in an instant, might be built upon by someone else and become a true game changer for others.
Trash is just unused material
Trash becomes trash if you don’t find a use for things anymore. Trash pollution is one of the main environmental challenges our planet is facing. And yet, so many useful things can be made from this resource.
You can integrate things you would usually dispose of into BEENIUS. Integrate those artefacts into your crafts or find ways to use them for the Model2Reality play. Our app provides an artefact inventory, so you can get inspired in what creative ways people have integrated all sorts of materials, including plastic bottles, straws, card paper etc.
The Planet needs our support
You might have heard some of the horror news about the state of our planet. By 2050 there is more plastic in our oceans than fish. Every year, we are losing forest compared to the size of Portugal. Climate change can hardly be stopped. And our soils are becoming more and more unhealthy, which makes it more difficult to feed a growing population. Yes, this stuff can be frightening.
BEENIUS is designed as a reusable set made from sustainable materials. While sticks are made from bamboo being one of the fastest growing plants, our writing material is made out of stone paper, a paper alternative made out of leftovers from limestone mining which can be washed and reused.
And last but not least…
The bee. The inventor of the beeswax. And honey. And a lot of other things.
The bee is the most valuable creature on this planet. Our plates would look very sad without bees. Yet, recent decades have been pretty difficult for them. Monocultures, pesticides, urbanisation etc. has made it harder for the bee to operate her business. And as humans mainly care about other things, this protector of the earth needs some good buzz.
The BEENIUS concept is open-source. You can find bees almost everywhere across the globe, so almost everywhere bees are producing beeswax. That’s why we intend to include beekeepers into local productions of BEENIUS, contributing to the bees well-being and supporting local economic cycles.
Information according to § 5 TMG
Alchemist Hub GbR i.Gr.
c/o Social Impact Lab Hamburg, Pastorenstr. 16-18
Contact Phone: +49 40 22815251
EU Dispute Resolution
The European Commission provides a platform for online dispute resolution (OS): https://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/. You can find our e-mail address in the imprint above.
Consumer dispute resolution/ universal dispute resolution body
We are not willing or obligated to participate in dispute resolution proceedings before a Consumer arbitration board to participate.
Last updated: June 27, 2022
Interpretation and Definitions
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
- Account means a unique account created for You to access our Service or parts of our Service.
- Company (referred to as either “the Company”, “We”, “Us” or “Our” in this Agreement) refers to Alchemist Hub , c/o Social Impact Lab Hamburg, Pastorenstr. 16-18, Hamburg, Germany.
- Cookies are small files that are placed on Your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of Your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- Country refers to: Hamburg, Germany
- Device means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cellphone or a digital tablet.
- Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- Service refers to the Website.
- Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service or to assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used.
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Website refers to Beenius World , accessible from https://beenius.worlf
- You means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
Types of Data Collected
While using Our Service, We may ask You to provide Us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Usage Data
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Service.
Usage Data may include information such as Your Device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When You access the Service by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device You use, Your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of Your mobile device, Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser You use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that Your browser sends whenever You visit our Service or when You access the Service by or through a mobile device.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Service may use local stored objects (or Flash Cookies) to collect and store information about Your preferences or Your activity on our Service. Flash Cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as those used for Browser Cookies. For more information on how You can delete Flash Cookies, please read “Where can I change the settings for disabling, or deleting local shared objects?” available at https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/disable-local-shared-objects-flash.html#main_Where_can_I_change_the_settings_for_disabling__or_deleting_local_shared_objects_
- Web Beacons. Certain sections of our Service and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a certain section and verifying system and server integrity).
We use both Session and Persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
- Necessary / Essential CookiesType: Session Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies are essential to provide You with services available through the Website and to enable You to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these Cookies, the services that You have asked for cannot be provided, and We only use these Cookies to provide You with those services.
- Cookies Policy / Notice Acceptance CookiesType: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
- Functionality CookiesType: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies allow us to remember choices You make when You use the Website, such as remembering your login details or language preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide You with a more personal experience and to avoid You having to re-enter your preferences every time You use the Website.
Use of Your Personal Data
The Company may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service, including to monitor the usage of our Service.
- To manage Your Account: to manage Your registration as a user of the Service. The Personal Data You provide can give You access to different functionalities of the Service that are available to You as a registered user.
- For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services You have purchased or of any other contract with Us through the Service.
- To contact You: To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide You with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless You have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage Your requests: To attend and manage Your requests to Us.
- For business transfers: We may use Your information to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by Us about our Service users is among the assets transferred.
- For other purposes: We may use Your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Service, products, services, marketing and your experience.
We may share Your personal information in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: We may share Your personal information with Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service, to contact You.
- For business transfers: We may share or transfer Your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of Our business to another company.
- With business partners: We may share Your information with Our business partners to offer You certain products, services or promotions.
- With other users: when You share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside.
- With Your consent: We may disclose Your personal information for any other purpose with Your consent.
Retention of Your Personal Data
The Company will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our Service, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at the Company’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of Your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from Your jurisdiction.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Other legal requirements
The Company may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- Protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of Your Personal Data is important to Us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Personal Data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that Your child has provided Us with Personal Data, please contact Us. If We become aware that We have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, We take steps to remove that information from Our servers.
If We need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing Your information and Your country requires consent from a parent, We may require Your parent’s consent before We collect and use that information.
Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
- By email: email@example.com